Monday, January 9, 2012

Penguins!

I think I put my PERFECT penguin pages on the Teachers Paying Teachers site. Perfect Penguins

Here are some shots of my students using the Real Word / Nonsense Word center. They rolled a red, white and green dice. Filled in the letters and then read the word. Next they had to decide if it was a real or nonsense word.  I loved listening to their discussions on why or why not the word was real.

The math center worked well too. The kids pulled a penguin playing card (I have cards with a matching penguin in the unit at TPT  Penguin Theme Activities) and then wrote the number on the penguin page. They filled in one number before and 3 after.  I converted the jacks, queens, kings and aces to 11, 12, 13, and 14 to get some practice with those tricky teens. I was surprised how long they stuck with this. It was like they "won" when they pulled at face card.

No comments:

Post a Comment