Friday, September 7, 2012

Voice Levels

Our district is trying to develop some standardized behavior standards. I like teaching the procedures and having clear expectations for school situations: cafeteria, hallways, dismissal, etc.  I gave up rewards a few years ago when I discovered Discipline Without Stress (it will change the way you think:) Anyway, they started with some voice level guidelines. It really does help the students gauge their own behaviors. The posters we got are a little (a lot) wordy.  Too much for kindergartners for sure.

Here is a little chart I made for my class.  It has been a BIG help so far.  Who knew?

I ask them to show with their fingers what voice level they are using. So far so great.
Make your own: Voice Levels Poster

2 comments:

  1. Is this a document posted somewhere? I really like it and want to teach my kinders voice levels this coming week. Thank you!!

    Kelbi Arfsten

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Click on the link: Voice Levels Poster to go to my Teacher Pay Teacher store. The poster and a larger version and tips and ideas are available for $3. My suggestion is to practice speaking in the different levels and "rating" the levels after speaking. The kids are surprisingly good at knowing what level their voices are at. Good Luck!

      Delete